Why Optimizing Gut Health Matters
Many of us are aware that gut health is crucial for proper digestion of food & absorption of nutrients💩
BUT are you also aware that your gut plays a vital role in...
- Hormone balance
- Blood sugar regulation
- Immune system health
- Cognitive functioning
- Obesity prevention
- Mood & mental health
- Development of chronic health conditions
- & more…
To be healthy and effective, our gut needs to maintain a strong protective barrier and a balance between “good” and “bad” microorganisms.
When our guts AREN’T functioning optimally we can end up with the obvious
- Digestive symptoms such as gas, bloating, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, reflux, etc. (Obviously!)
- Digestive conditions such as dysbiosis (an imbalance in our gut bacteria), GERD (reflux), SIBO (overgrowth of bacteria in our small intestine), intestinal hyperpermeability (leaky gut), IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), IBD (Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis)
But it doesn’t just stop at the gut!!
The research shows there are very clear connections between our gut and NUMEROUS other systems in the body which can lead to symptoms or conditions outside of the gut without ANY digestive symptoms at all.
This list is TOO NUMEROUS to include all the symptoms that may suggest you have gut issues, but here are some of the common symptoms and conditions we see in the literature tied to poor gut health and that I see personally improve when I treat gut health with my clients
- Infertility or decreased sex hormones
- Hormonal imbalances
- Painful periods
- Confusing findings on cycle charts
- Fatigue (esp after eating)
- Depression, Anxiety
- Estrogen dominant hormonal symptoms
- Chronic inflammation & Autoimmune disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Brain fog
- Nutritional depletion (esp iron, B12, calcium, magnesium)
- Food intolerances or allergies, histamine intolerance, seasonal allergies
- Skin conditions or Hives
- Recurrent UTIs or yeast infections
- and more...
The gut is one of the key root causes of symptoms I see in my practice.
By looking at the health of our gut through gut microbiome testing we can get clear answers around the SPECIFIC areas where our gut needs support so that we can address + begin healing our larger symptoms.
If you haven’t spent time thinking on the importance of your gut health or if you KNOW something is off with your gut & you’d like to address it, I strongly encourage you to consider working with myself or another holistic practitioner to get gut microbiome testing and support so that you can find the optimal gut, hormone, and FULL body health you deserve!
You can read more about gut microbiome testing here and the detailed ways I support clients in addressing these targeted gut testing results with customized diet, lifestyle, herbs and supplements through my Body Harmony Program.
Want to know how to get started on optimizing digestion and gut health? Stay tuned for next week's blog!
to your gut + all it does for you!